Gnocchi: soft, pillowy heavenly goodness. The traditional way of cooking gnocchi is with a pot of boiling water, and the gnocchi will float to the top when it is done. Recently, I’ve been cooking gnocchi a different way, through pan-frying them! It’s way faster (no need to wait for water to boil), and the result is a crispy outer while still maintaining the soft inside.
I have so many awesome recipes for pan-fried gnocchi. But one of my favorites is tossing it with a simple creamy pesto and veggies.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 15 minutes
– 2 tbs olive oil
– 2 tbs butter
– 1 16oz package potato gnocchi
– 1/3 cup onions, chopped
– 1/4 cup frozen corn
– 1/2 cup broccoli florets, coarsely chopped
– 1/2 cup homemade pesto
– 2 tbs half & half
– salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a medium frying pan, heat the olive oil. Spread the gnocchi into a even layer. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes, and flip the gnocchi and cook the other side until golden brown. Remove from heat.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Cook the onions until translucent, add the corn, broccoli florets, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, combine the pesto with the half and half. Pour the creamy pesto sauce into the veggie medley.
4. Stir in the gnocchi. Serve hot.