Well, that was delicious.
I just had a Rachael Ray moment, where I completed a 30 minute meal. Seriously, the pizza took me, from start to finish, only 30 minutes. The cool part is that everything was made from scratch, so no store-bought dough! It was so easy and fast, and with its hefty serving, I have so many meals sitting in the freezer now!
The crust uses fast-rising active yeast, so you don’t need to sit around waiting for your pizza dough to rise. Also, I highly recommend adding onion powder to your dough, or else it will taste a bit bland. Feel free to experiment adding different seasonings to your dough! I also recommend putting spinach below and above the cheese. That way, your spinach will have two different types of textures!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Ready in: 30 minutes
Yield: One 12-inch pizza
For the crust:
– 1 package (1/4oz) fast-rising active yeast
– 1 tsp sugar
– 1 cup warm water
– 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 tbs olive oil
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp onion powder (optional)
For the toppings:
– 8oz tomato sauce
– 1/2 tbs basil leaves
– 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
– 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
– 1 cup spinach (divided use)
– 1 roma tomato, diced
– 2 tbs grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare a 12-inch pizza pan by covering it with foil and greasing it with olive oil.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix yeast, sugar, and warm water. Let stand until yeast bubbles and is creamy (~5-10 minutes).
3. Mix in flour, salt, onion powder, and oil. Stir until a dough forms. Let dough rest for 5 minutes.
4. Lightly flour your working surface. Turn the dough out and knead gently a few times. Roll dough out to fit a 12-inch pizza pan. Transfer on the pizza pan and pat the dough to form desired shape.
5. Pour tomato sauce on the dough and spread evenly.
6. Sprinkle basil leaves and ground pepper over tomato sauce.
7. Spread 1/2 of the spinach onto the tomato sauce. Cover with mozzarella cheese.
8. Spread rest of spinach leaves and diced tomatoes on the pizza.
9. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
10. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.