Chocolate-covered potato chips are the ultimate guilty-pleasure snack. Savory and sweet, it’s the perfect combination for a snack. Trust me, once you have one of these, you won’t stop! I got the idea for this recipe after buying the Milk-Chocolate Covered Potato Chips from Trader Joe’s. The problem? The nearest Trader Joe’s is 200 miles away. Also, they are pricey. This is a great alternative :)
Prep time: 10 minutes
– 8 oz bag of potato chips (you won’t use it all)
– 12 oz chocolate chips (dark or milk … semi-sweet doesn’t taste as great)
1. Heat the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate chips at intervals of 30 minutes until melted and smooth.
2. Using chopsticks (or tongs … or your hands!) place each potato chip in the melted chocolate, repeat for the other side. Make sure to scrape off any excess.
3. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and place the dipped potato chips on the wax paper. Allow to dry before removing them.
You can dip them halfway or fully coat them. You can play around with it a lot! Personally, I think that dipping them halfway looks better, but the texture is very strange. So I prefer to dunk the entire chip in the chocolate.