Cranberry Walnut Scones
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tb water
- 1-2 tsp milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a food processor, pulse together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter until mixture resembles dry crumbs. Alternatively, you can use a pastry cutter. Place dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir in cranberries and walnuts.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together egg, vanilla, and milk. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir with a large spoon until no more flour is visible. The dough should be quite sticky.
- Sprinkle some flour on a work surface and transfer the dough to the work surface. Knead a couple times until it forms a smooth ball. Divide dough into 4 (or 2 for larger scones). Roll each portion into a ball, then gently flatten into a disk. Cut the disk into 6 triangles. Place each triangle on the baking sheet. Whisk together ingredients for egg wash and brush a thin layer of egg wash over each scone.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
One thought on “Cranberry Walnut Scones”
Looks like a lovely recipe.