I love guac.
Whenever the grocery store has avocados on sale, I always pick up a few to whip up some guacamole. So many of my friends still buy pre-made guac, and I don’t know why! When avocados are on sale, homemade guac is such a huge money saver. Not to mention it is ridiculously delicious!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Ready in: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
– 2 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
– 1 roma tomato, diced
– 1/4 small onion, finely cut
– thick lemon slice
– salt & pepper to taste
1. Scoop the avocados out into a medium mixing bowl, and mash with a fork. This is a personal preference thing, if you prefer chunky guacamole, don’t mash it until it is smooth. If you like it smooth, you might want to use a potato masher for quicker results.
2. Squeeze the lemon juice from the lemon slice and stir in the avocados. This will smooth out the mashed avocados, making them much easier to work with!
3. Season with salt and pepper at this time.
4. Stir in the tomato and onion. Stir.
5. You’re done! Scoop out guac onto a serving bowl and top with blue corn chips (or chips of your choice!)