After a near 2 months hiatus, I’m back! What have I been up to in the past 2 months? Well, I graduated! Now I’m spending the summer teaching at a camp here in Urbana and moving back home in August. Summertime is definitely a time for tasty food experimentations. So y’all will be getting some bizarre things coming your way!
Yesterday, I tried making Mac n’ Cheese Waffles with my boyfriend after seeing a Buzzfeed post about unusual things you can make in a waffle iron. The result? Amazing. The mac and cheese flavor is definitely still there, but subtle. But the waffle iron crisps the batter and it gives it a definitive texture.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 30 minutes
– 3 cups cooked, cooled, mac and cheese (you can use the store-bought boxed kinds or make your own)
– 1/4 cup shredded cheese of your choice (monterey jack, cheddar, etc.)
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
– pepper to taste
– Green onions, chopped
– Cooked bacon, chopped
1. Preheat the waffle iron and lightly coat with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs.
3. Stir in mac & cheese, breadcrumbs, and pepper into the egg mixture.
4. Add in any optional ingredients
5. Scoop the mixture into the waffle iron, 1 cup at a time. The waffle should be done in 2-3 minutes. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
One thought on “Mac n’ Cheese Waffle”
WOOOO! you’re back!