So I’ve been doing a bit of DIY all over the house. Another major project that I took on was the spare guest room. Unlike my room which screams out “girl’s room”, I tried to make this one a bit more gender-neutral. One of the tasks I did was repainting the dresser and nightstand. Before it had a shiny polish. It was nice, but with our house’s brown-beige tones, it really didn’t stand out. So I wanted to repaint it to a color that was more vibrant and able to pop out.
I did both the nightstand and the dresser at the same time, and it really didn’t take that long! In addition to painting the furniture, I also spray-painted the knobs black for a more contemporary look.
*Bonus: I also whipped up a twin-sized headboard for the guest bedroom. You might recognize the fabric … it’s the same as the fabric I used for my reupholstered armchair! For now, this room is done. I might hit up Goodwill at some point and find some nifty artwork to refurbish for this room.