Everybody knows I love gnocchi. This year for Valentine’s Day, my boyfriend and I decided to cook the same meal and enjoy it together over Skype (curse you, 2000 miles). Confession time, I lost the recipe link he sent me 3 hours before I was supposed to make the darn thing. All that I could remember was bacon, gnocchi, and cheese. I sort of winged this, but it turned out to be super yummy. So I thought I’d share this super easy recipe with you guys.
– 1 package gnocchi
– 3 strips bacon
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 14-oz can diced tomatoes, drained
– 1 cup chopped broccoli
– 1/3 cup corn kernels
– 1 cup milk
– 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
– 2 cups mozzarella cheese
– 1 green onion stalk, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375F. In a pot, bring water to a boil. Drop gnocchi into the boiling water. Gnocchi will float when done, about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. In a skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon (to chop) and reserve 1 tbs of bacon grease in the skillet. Cook the garlic until golden brown. Add the diced tomatoes, broccoli, and corn. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the milk and greek yogurt until a sauce forms. (If it is too runny, you can add corn starch or 1 tbs of flour to thicken).
4. Add the cooked gnocchi and toss with the sauce. Add 1 cup of the cheese to coat.
5. Pour the gnocchi into an oven-safe dish. Top with the remaining cheese, green onions, and bacon.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
Chobani hack time! I’ve been waiting for my avocados to ripen throughout the week, and I’m so happy to finally be able to do this! In a previous post I made about Chobani SoHo, another scrumptious flavor I had was Mango Avocado creation. Yes, I know, it sounds so bizarre. Greek yogurt with mangos avocados? Think of it more as a dip and it won’t be as strange of a concept. Since plain greek yogurt really doesn’t have much flavor, it serves as an incredible palette for multiple flavors.
According to the Chobani website menu, the ingredients for this are: Mango, Avocado, Jalapeños, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Coarse Salt, Fresh Cilantro, and Lime Juice, served with Blue Corn Tortilla Chips. I’m omitting the jalapeños from my recipe and replacing the lime juice with lemon juice. The result is still ridiculously delicious!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Ready in: 5 minutes
– 3/4 cup greek yogurt, 0% or 2%
– 1/4 cup diced mango
– 1/4 cup diced avocado
– 1 tbs diced jalapeños (optional)
– 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
– pinch of sea salt
– 1/2 tsp lime or lemon juice
– cilantro, for garnish
– blue corn tortilla chips
1. Put the yogurt in a small bowl. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the yogurt, and top with mango and avocado. Squeeze lime or lemon juice over the toppings. Add a pinch of sea salt, and garnish with jalapeños and fresh cilantro. Serve with blue corn tortilla chips.
*Tip: As you can see in my picture, I didn’t dice my mangos and avocados that finely, but I would really suggest slicing them very thin so the tortilla chips will be able to hold them up better. I found myself taking a knife and cutting them up as I was eating this! Haha.