Everybody knows I love gnocchi. This year for Valentine’s Day, my boyfriend and I decided to cook the same meal and enjoy it together over Skype (curse you, 2000 miles). Confession time, I lost the recipe link he sent me 3 hours before I was supposed to make the darn thing. All that I could remember was bacon, gnocchi, and cheese. I sort of winged this, but it turned out to be super yummy. So I thought I’d share this super easy recipe with you guys.
– 1 package gnocchi
– 3 strips bacon
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 14-oz can diced tomatoes, drained
– 1 cup chopped broccoli
– 1/3 cup corn kernels
– 1 cup milk
– 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
– 2 cups mozzarella cheese
– 1 green onion stalk, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375F. In a pot, bring water to a boil. Drop gnocchi into the boiling water. Gnocchi will float when done, about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. In a skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon (to chop) and reserve 1 tbs of bacon grease in the skillet. Cook the garlic until golden brown. Add the diced tomatoes, broccoli, and corn. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the milk and greek yogurt until a sauce forms. (If it is too runny, you can add corn starch or 1 tbs of flour to thicken).
4. Add the cooked gnocchi and toss with the sauce. Add 1 cup of the cheese to coat.
5. Pour the gnocchi into an oven-safe dish. Top with the remaining cheese, green onions, and bacon.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown.