Spring is here and that means fruits and vegetables are about to get super affordable. If you’re like me, you like to drink your vegetables. This is horrible, but I sometimes convince myself that if I get 5 servings of fruits and vegetables out of the way in the morning, that gives me license to eat like garbage for the rest of the day.
I don’t have one of those fancy Vitamix of Blendtec blenders, which is a shame because those blenders can make anything ridiculously smooth. The worst smoothie you can make is the one that is gritty and chunky in all the wrong places. I just use a small personal blender and it has worked for me time after time. The secret is a frozen banana. The frozen banana will do 2 things – it will make your beverage colder and thus eliminating the need to add ice to your smoothie, also, it creates a velvety texture as you blend eliminates chunky smoothies.
Spinach & Mango Smoothie
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1/2 cup packed kale
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and chopped (approximately 3/4 cup fruit)
- 1 cup milk (or dairy-free alternative)
- Put all ingredients in a blender. Blend for 30 seconds, or until smooth and you can’t see flecks from spinach and kale.
Chobani hack time! I’ve been waiting for my avocados to ripen throughout the week, and I’m so happy to finally be able to do this! In a previous post I made about Chobani SoHo, another scrumptious flavor I had was Mango Avocado creation. Yes, I know, it sounds so bizarre. Greek yogurt with mangos avocados? Think of it more as a dip and it won’t be as strange of a concept. Since plain greek yogurt really doesn’t have much flavor, it serves as an incredible palette for multiple flavors.
According to the Chobani website menu, the ingredients for this are: Mango, Avocado, Jalapeños, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Coarse Salt, Fresh Cilantro, and Lime Juice, served with Blue Corn Tortilla Chips. I’m omitting the jalapeños from my recipe and replacing the lime juice with lemon juice. The result is still ridiculously delicious!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Ready in: 5 minutes
– 3/4 cup greek yogurt, 0% or 2%
– 1/4 cup diced mango
– 1/4 cup diced avocado
– 1 tbs diced jalapeños (optional)
– 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
– pinch of sea salt
– 1/2 tsp lime or lemon juice
– cilantro, for garnish
– blue corn tortilla chips
1. Put the yogurt in a small bowl. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the yogurt, and top with mango and avocado. Squeeze lime or lemon juice over the toppings. Add a pinch of sea salt, and garnish with jalapeños and fresh cilantro. Serve with blue corn tortilla chips.
*Tip: As you can see in my picture, I didn’t dice my mangos and avocados that finely, but I would really suggest slicing them very thin so the tortilla chips will be able to hold them up better. I found myself taking a knife and cutting them up as I was eating this! Haha.