Last month, I got some egg nog on clearance at my local grocery store for about $2. I’ve never had egg nog before, and I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it. Turns out, I did not. So what’s a girl going to do with an entire bottle of egg nog? I’ve made french toast casserole before, and I tweaked the recipe to use the egg nog. The result? Delicious french toast casserole with a kick of the egg nog. The egg nog also pairs wonderfully with the cinnamon and nutmeg.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Ready in: 50 minutes (+8 hours of waiting)
– 7 eggs
– 1 cup egg nog
– 1 cup milk
– 1/3 cup sugar
– 1/4 tsp nutmeg
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 loaf french bread
– 3 tbs brown sugar
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– Fresh berries
– Powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg nog, and milk. Add sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract.
2. Cut the french bread into 1 inch cubes. Toss the bread in the large bowl with the egg nog mixture.
3. Lightly grease a 9×13 casserole dish with baking spray. Pour the mixture with bread in the dish. Drizzle any remaining mixture evenly.
4. Cover with foil tightly and place in fridge for 8+ hours.
5. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the casserole.
6. Bake for 45 minutes, uncovered. Serve with berries and powdered sugar.