This totally brings me back to my childhood! I remember growing up, my mom would buy the instant jello in black tea flavor. It was a family favorite and it tastes so good! Since I had a box of gelatin packets sitting in my pantry, I figured I might as well do something with it. After a few trials and errors, I came up with this recipe for tea gelatin. I am very excited for this and I can’t wait to try other variations soon! (I’m thinking mint chocolate chip and coffee!)
(I didn’t have any ramekins … so teacups!)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Serves: 4-6 (depending on size of ramekin)
– 2 unflavored gelatin packets
– 2 cups brewed (strong) black tea
– 3 tbs granulated sugar
– 1/4 cup half & half
– 1 tsp powdered sugar
*Or, a lazy alternative is to simply use vanilla creamer!
1. Brew the tea according to instructions. You can either use teabags or loose leaf tea.
2. While the tea is still warm, dissolve the sugar in the tea.
3. Stir in the gelatin packets. Mix well.
4. Pour the mixture in small bowls or ramekins. Refrigerate until firm, around 3 hours.
5. Stir together the half & half and powdered sugar. When ready to serve, pour the half & half mixture over the gelatin. (*or alternatively use vanilla creamer)
2 thoughts on “Black Tea Gelatin”
That’s a nifty idea. I’ll have to try it. Thanks.
What a great idea. I’m going to try it. Thanks for sharing that.