My boyfriend and I are celebrating our anniversary tonight with a lovely picnic in the park. For dessert, instead of the traditional picnic staple — pie, I decided to go with a galette this time. Why? Because I’m lazy. Really, that’s the only reason. Galettes take so little time to prepare, and it tastes just as yummy. And right now, we are still in the middle of summer, perfect time to get fresh berries for this impeccable dessert!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes
– 1 dry pint blueberries, washed
– 1 frozen pie crust dough, thawed
– 4 tbs granulated sugar (divided use)
– 2 tbs butter, but into cubes (divided use)
– 1 tb milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, toss the blueberries with 3 tbs of sugar. Set aside.
2. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Roll out the pie dough until you reach an 13 inch round.
3. Place the blueberries in the middle of the dough. Using a pastry brush, brush the berries with the milk. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tb of sugar. Dot the blueberries with 1 tbs of butter.
4. Fold the edges in to make the galette. Bake for 25 minutes.
5. Melt the remaining 1 tb of butter, brush on the top of the crust. Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes, until golden brown.